Thursday 16 January 2020

My winter vacation?

The week started out cold, got colder still to stupidly cold (-32C with windchills of -41C on Wednesday for most of the day) before we are finally getting a bit of a reprieve on Thursday.  Thank goodness as today is the day I am heading to my daughter's home.  Her place will be my base for this weekend's Grand Slam of Curling event.  

There are four games tomorrow and Saturday and the two finals on Sunday (men and women).  The first two days the opening match starts at 8 a.m. and the last match will end around 10 p.m.  There is usually a 75 minute break between matches.  This will make for long days so I probably will go later in the morning to catch the end of the first game, and come back to D's in the evening to watch the last game of the day on television.  I really don't want to have my car sit all day in a parking lot even if the temperatures improve as much as they are supposed to.  Plus I'd rather drive in the daylight hours.  

I'm about to start packing the car but will clean cat litter and feed the birds first.  I should be on the road by noon or so, as I'll spend this afternoon and evening with D and Eli.  He's begun to say "hi Gramma" on the phone, and he was excited this morning to hear I was coming to visit today.

Have a great weekend everyone. I'll be back with photos from the event and my visit early next week.

Stay warm wherever you are!

10 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time and stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fabulous time! Ditto on the staying warm. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing your name from a young ones mouth is right up there with best ever. Have fun and do take lots of pictures of Eli.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your curling. We got 1.5 foot of snow from yesterday morning so dug out today...most of town is shut down right now. This happens at least once a year. It will be plus 6 by Saturday so we also expect a fast melt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing beats hearing your grandchild call you by your grandma name!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time. It was still pretty darn cold in this corner yesterday, but today (Friday) things are looking much, much better.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eli loves loves his Gramma! And it make me smile all the way down here in Tennessee to read that!
    Have fun! Enjoy the curlng. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy your visit! Stay warm, Maebeme.
    Lovely to hear Eli say 'hi Gramma'. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your weekend is progressing wonderfully. It's been very cold here, too, though I think Saskatchewan has reached lower temperatures by a bit. It's supposed to shoot up to +9 degrees by Monday, from a low of -30 this past week. It's funny but at -22, I can feel a difference from what it was...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!