Thursday 14 September 2017

30'ish hours and counting

Packing is nearly complete, I just have to do some laundry tomorrow so I have some extra clean unmentionables.

Check out my little packing buddy.  Another cat who has to know what's happening at all times.

He really has been a blessing these last few days.  I miss my Sami so much, but he makes me laugh at his antics.  Sheldon also has a tendency to curl up next to my ear at night, with his motor running.  I wake up to the sounds of his purrs.  He's such a love bug.  At the moment he's laying beside me in my chair on his back, front paws in the air, fast asleep.  If I knew it wouldn't wake him, I'd try to get a photo.

Back to the trip....I am so looking forward to getting away for a short time.  Work has been so hectic for the past six weeks with the change in workload, as well as new employees and then my coworker had some back issues and has been off work for over two weeks.  I've been covering for her as well because she has my old group.  And just for fun, there was a last minute call to two half days of meetings this week that took me away from the rest of my work.

What doesn't get down by tomorrow at noon will just have to wait until I get back.  I'm scheduled to fly back from New York next Sunday Sept.24 but apparently Hurricane Jose is currently tracking to head up the east coast of the United States.  Some of my fellow passengers have expressed some concern but I'm not worried.  I suspect if it makes it that far north it will be a rain event only, but if by chance it chases us out to sea....it means I'll have a few extra days off work.  That wouldn't break my heart at all.

What would be disappointing is if the weather results in the cancellation of two of my excursions - sailing in Newport, and whale watching in Bar Harbor.  So if Jose decides to ruin the party he better wait until we're returning from Halifax to New York.

Time for bed as I'm working tomorrow for 6 hours, then home to do laundry, some housework and finish packing.  Then it's dinner with friends before an early night.  Cab will be at the front door about 3:45 a.m. so I can be at the airport in time for my flight.  I'm hoping I'll be able to post from the ship, but if not I'll be back in 10 days(or maybe a few more) with lots of pictures to share.

Have a great weekend!















4 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the last minute preparations, and have a wonderful, amazing, safe trip. I, too, hope Jose won't pose problems for you (or anyone else). I know early weather forecasts indicate more a rain event than anything else, up the east coast, but it's too early to really know. Fingers (and paws) crossed all will be well! Take care!

    P.S. Maybe the fates or the universe or whatever had a hand...paw...in bringing Sheldon into your life at this time, Eileen. Who knows. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun, I will cross all fingers and toes that the weather does not interrupt your plans, that would be lousy. You deserve the break. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did I miss this article? My new work arrangement makes it nearly impossible to read my favourite blogs while I'm there. What a bother. Anyway, a much belated wish for nothing but fun on your holidays.

    I can well imagine how much you miss your Sami. From what I've read of her personality, she would probably approve of Sheldon being in your life. All of your cats will miss you while you're gone, that's for sure.

    Have a wonderful time, and I look forward to the pictures of your grand holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH I hope you are having the best of times! Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!