Tuesday 13 February 2018

Almost time to go!

By the time this posts, I'll be mere hours from making my way to the airport for my 6:30 a.m. flight to Toronto. I expect I'll be in bed attempting to get a few hours of sleep before the taxi arrives at 4:00 a.m.   From Toronto I fly next to New York, and then finally to Orlando.  It will be a long day as I won't arrive at the hotel in Cocoa Beach until close to 10 p.m. local time (9 p.m. Regina time).  Luckily I can sleep on the plane...

Packing is almost complete, just need to tuck my driver's license and my cellphone in my purse.  Also a few first aid items, band-aids, Tylenol, cough drops, as well as my magnets, towel clips, a laundry bag, and a hat for the sun.  Maybe I'm not quite as far along as I thought I was!

I take the license as my identification to take with me in port, rather than a passport.  I'm so afraid that if I were to lose my passport, I wouldn't be able to get home...at least without a hassle.  So if the driver's license gets stolen or lost I'd still be upset but not nearly as concerned since it would be far easier to replace.

I'll take my cellphone but only for limited use - to contact transportation mostly.  While I'm in Cocoa Beach, the hotel should have a guest computer I'll be able to use to post, however on board ship I don't/won't have the internet package so this blog will be silent until I get back to Orlando.  I'll be staying at the Point Orlando resort (if you want to see pictures, follow the link).  I've done a bit of research and discovered there is a TGI Friday's nearby ... I love their crispy green bean fries appetizer...so I'll be sure to get there one evening.  

I also found there is an outlet mall, as well as a Ross Dress for Less within a half hour walking distance from the resort.  I've printed out the walking directions and tucked these into my paperwork so I'll be able to find them easily without using the data for the GPS on my cellphone.  Old school I know, but less expensive!  Ross Dress for Less is another favorite - I've been to the one in Fort Lauderdale several times, and found one in Hawaii too.  It's much like Winner's or Marshalls here.  But they tend to carry larger sizes....as a short fat older woman I truly appreciate that!  One of my favorite pairs of jeans came from RDL, NYDJ - not my daughter's jeans.  They fit perfectly and were a good price as well.  


I plan to arrive at the resort about lunch time on the 24th, though I don't expect to be able to check-in.  I'll drop the luggage and head off to shop!  I still haven't decided what to do on the 25th, though the pool and amenities at the resort look pretty darn tempting.  I might just spend the day relaxing since the following day will be a long exhausting travel day. On the other hand the resort does offer shuttles to various parks.  Hmmm...decisions, decisions.  

I'll get a bit of sleep in on the 26th, as my flight isn't until 1:30 p.m.  From Orlando, I fly to Toronto where I will clear customs, then fly to Calgary and finally to Regina.  It is never easy to get anywhere from here, nor to return.  By the time I arrive home it will be near 1 a.m. (or midnight Orlando time).  That, of course, is assuming there are no delays along the way.  I've scheduled a vacation day for the 27th so I have time to rest a bit, probably do laundry, get photos printed, and catch up with my grandson.


I'll definitely post photos (none with this post as the camera is packed though I did buy a great pair of shoes for the trip!) along with some commentary of each port when I return.  We're visiting Great Stirrup Cay (in the Bahamas), Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and Cozumel, Mexico.  I've pulled in the map and realized I've got Grand Cayman and Jamaica in the reverse order.  I've never claimed to be good a geography!


Stay tuned for Cocoa Beach later this week!  

Take care and have a great couple of weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic trip, be safe, be well, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear, have the best of times... and be safe--- and most of all...love every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're already off having fun right now, though you may receive notice of this comment. In any case, I wish you the best of times on your holiday - which I'm sure you will have. As for losing your passport, just do what I do and obtain several passports, even if they are under different names. Wait. Should I have mentioned that? Never mind...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!