Monday 29 July 2019

Back on track

This should be a short post, as I thought I'd try to catch up the rest of the week and then next week I can do another wrap-up.  Or least that's the idea.

We had another three showings from Thursday to Sunday as well as an open house on Sunday.  None resulted in any offers but I did get a bit of decent feedback; "house looks good overall except windows".  A second wasn't as favorable, "Didn't like the small yard and the work to do in the basement."  Sometimes I truly wonder if people look at the photos on the website before coming to view the house.  In the latter case, they would have seen both the size of the backyard and that a portion of the basement is unfinished.  Oh well, c'est la vie.  

I had dinner with my friend C on both Thursday and Friday evenings.  I haven't said anything (until now), but she and her husband N have split at his instigation.  This was huge shock to her and I've been spending a fair amount of time with her over the past several weeks.  He was packing on Thursday at the house, and had movers coming on Friday so she stayed at local hotel as she couldn't bear to watch this happening.  On Sunday a spent some time there while the open house was underway.  She and her brother have done some rearranging of furniture so the gaps aren't as noticeable.  It's all horribly sad because they've been together for over 20 years and of all the couples I know I'd say they were the last I would expect to see break up.  

On Saturday morning, I made a quick trip out to D's.  When she was here last week the pharmacy wasn't able to get her meds for her due to a mix-up with the doctor.  She called on Thursday and asked if I'd pick them up and bring them out to her.  For some reason, to do with temperature, they couldn't be mailed.  I left just after 6:30 a.m., drove out and spent a half hour with Eli while his mommy enjoyed a shower, then drove home and was back at the house by shortly after 10.  Our forecast high for that day was 32C though I believe it reached 34C.  Very hot for us so I wanted not to drive in the heat of the day if I could avoid it.

We did have another storm after I posted.  My son and I went out to watch the storm roll in.


The clouds were low and moving fast.  It started to rain so we moved into the sun room and watched the lightning show.  We were getting strikes every few seconds and it sounded like a train was rumbling by almost constantly.

When the storm passed to the east, I captured this photo out the west windows of the sun room. I love it!

That was the week that was.  Hard to believe it is already the end of July, though we had a cold front come through yesterday dropping the overnight temperature to just 6C!  Brrr!!!  But there is a full week of heat ahead of us so summer is still in full swing.

Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. So sad, about your friend, and the split. -sigh- Mid life crisis for him, maybe?

    Before and after photos, of that storm, are amazing!!!! Simply amazing.

    Your Profile does not say where you live, but since you use Celsius, we do not live in the same country. Since we use Fahrenheit... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Geez, I'm sorry about your friend's marriage. Twenty years is a lot of time to put into a relationship. It is very sad indeed.

    As I have mentioned before, I love watching storms come in. I wish we'd get some here, if only to cut down on the heat. Yours looked impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very sad about your friend. I'm sure she appreciates your support and hopefully she can soon move on and enjoy her own freedom.
    People will always find fault with things and as you say, why bother looking if you'd looked online? Frustrating for sure.
    Lovely storm clouds! Daddy would've loved them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first thought was mid-life crisis too, with someone else waiting in the wings. I'm truly sorry for your friend, I hope she seeks out any and all support that she needs, professional and not.

    Those storm clouds were AMAZING! Wow! I think I'd have been hiding in the basement upon seeing them -- lol.

    Take care; fingers are still crossed for a good offer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The right people for your house will come but the waiting can be painful.
    So sad about your friend. It is such a shock when we think they are the perfect couple. We never really know what goes on in someone else's life. Good she has a friend to lean on.
    Loved the before and after storm photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to begin by talking about your cloud photos. They are gorgeous. I would be tempted to print and frame them to hang.
    I am sorry about your friend but glad she has a friend to help her through the shock of it. I hope she will find her way soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry too for your friend. What an awful thing to go through. And if its was a shock to her...how exceedingly sorry I am that her husband did not communicate with her before doing this. That's how I interpreted it.

    The cloud pictures are gorgeous. The cloud formation during the storm looked like a tornado funnel! But I am cloud fan and have a zillion pictures of them.

    You're right. Folks just don't pay adequate attention to the photos, or more...READ what's said. Went down that road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful shots of the sky. I am sure some people don't read the listings at all, just rely 100 percent on their realtor....which really doesn't make sense for anyone and wastes oodles of time. Sorry to hear about your friend. It is always shocking when long-term marriages end, good to be there to support her.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!