Tuesday 3 July 2018

The finished product

The bathroom are completely finished, hooray!  My son helped me put up the mirrors on Sunday.  Despite my worries, that turned out to be the easiest step.  The mirrors are held up by clips that are screwed into the wall.  The workman who took them down, left the top ones in place.  

We measured the mirror (that I did help with) and marked the wall where the lower clips needed to go.

C lifted the mirror in place, slipped it into the lower clips and I climbed up on a stool to help slide the upper clip on side up, while he did the other, and they just snapped into place. 

Both mirrors had been stored in my bedroom, where a little boy generously applied his hand prints.  After they were back in place I gave them a good cleaning.  As you'll see I did buy an over the toilet storage unit but I'm not sure it will stay.  It's wider than the toilet tank...that I didn't think to measure!

Since my daughter is still away the main bathroom counter isn't yet cluttered.  My bathroom, on the other hand...well it looked like that before the renovations were completed.  You'll note a bowl on the left hand side of the counter.  That's for the cats.  Yeah, they are spoiled.

It's nice to have everything complete. Now I just get to wait for the final bill to come in. :p  (Thankfully those costs are fully covered by the payout I received for back pay; our contract wasn't settled for over three years.)

But that's it folks, I will not be taking on any more renovation projects! Remind me of this statement next time I start thinking about doing something else. 

Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

  1. I love the end results, the bathrooms look great! Could you come and take on MY reno projects? :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...no! That's enough to last me for quite some time.

      Delete
  2. I love how it looks. You have the best attitude in the world, I swear. You are patient and very hard working. This reno could not be anything other that wonderful. Me, the one thing I had done..I just threw myself to the wolves when I ordered a total kitchen tear out including flooring and all new everything put in. They were merciful. The cats are grateful and you'll have to think of something for the baby to look into.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole! I can't imagine going through a total gut and replacement....that I would not have the patience for. I'm sure the results were well worth it though. ;)

      Delete
  3. Wow, that's a massive improvement! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not sure the refacing was any less expensive than replacing the cabinets but this way I was able to match to the kitchen. Hopefully this will help with resale value.

      Delete
  4. Ah, very nice, all ready for use. I would never have the courage to begin something like that, as I know I wouldn't be able to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm grateful to have the means to have someone else do it for me. Because I certainly couldn't do it on my own either.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!