Wednesday 18 January 2023

Quick update

 I'm tucked up in my cabin at the moment, waiting for my phone to charge. I woke far too early this morning - so I expect there is a nap in my future this afternoon.  Just did a RAT as I'm flying home tomorrow. It was negative. My precautions on board have been successful; masking in the theatre and in crowded situations, and enjoying the outdoors as much as possible. 

Unfortunately that isn't a great option today. It's quite cool, very windy, with a rough seas. The entire ship is rocking and rolling. It is much like turbulence on an airplane but it has been ongoing since early yesterday.  I am one of the fortunate who don't get seasick but it is quite tiresome. We all look a bit like drunken sailors as we bounce our ways down the hallways. 

I'm off to do my morning walk - normally a 1/2 hour on the promenade deck. Today I'll walk indoors before the knitting group starts. 

In the meantime, here are a couple of photos from yesterday. 



P.S. I spent much of this morning reading blogs, commenting on the most recent only. If I've missed someone, I'll be sure to catch up when I get home.

9 comments:

  1. Glad you don't get sick easily from the rocking - I bet I would. Happy to hear you have stayed healthy.
    It all looks so beautiful. Safe travels!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you do not get seasick either. I don't usually have trouble with it, but TheHub would be out of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sky is incredible! Safe travels home, I hope all goes smoothly.

    Thank you so much for your condolences on Derry's passing, particularly given that you are on holiday. I know I did what was best for *his* Highest Good, not mine, but even so, I'm just gutted.

    Take care and I'll look forward to seeing more pics when you're back and settled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Walking on the deck sounds great! Safe journey home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deck walking is a great way to avoid cabin fever. It will warm you up. Beautiful sky picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I get sea sick so I would be heaving. Can't wait to hear ALL about your trip. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am glad you don't get sea sick. I never used to but when we took the ferry from Wales to Ireland my tummy did start to act up. I also found it hard to walk very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's rare for cruise ships to hit rough weather, isn't it? I hope everyone was all right.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!