Monday 13 March 2017

Back to reality

I took an extra day off this weekend, so will go back to the office tomorrow.  I had planned this day of vacation in order to avoid having to work more than 4 days a week.  I've worked out my schedule to my planned retirement date and I'll use personal leave and vacation as needed to ensure I always have a long weekend.  Normally I would take Friday off but this week I'm one of only a few supervisors scheduled to be in the office this upcoming Friday so didn't dare ask for it off.  Monday it was, resulting in a 4 day weekend.  (I don't count Thurs afternoon as time off as I spent much of it worrying about my daughter and carrying for baby Eli).
Speaking of the little guy, my daughter has asked me to put this together for her.  It's a simple little blanket made of seven motifs sewn together and a little hat. 

We chose a darker green for the motifs and a similar bright green (as the picture) for the brown you see in the photo.  

Once complete we'll try to do a photo shoot with Eli.  I just hope he'll be as happy as the little one in the photo!

The Brier (men's curling) ended last night with a win by Brad Gushue's team (Newfoundland & Labrador) over Kevin Koe's team (Team Canada).  The event was held in St. John's, NFLD so the rink was rocking with excitement.  It came down to the last shot of the last end....exciting and just the way I like the game of curling to be played.  Truly, either one of these teams could have won - they are very evenly matched.

But as a result, there is no more curling until this upcoming weekend.  The women's Worlds are being played in Beijing, China and only the Canada games will be televised.  With a time difference of 11 hours, I'll be PVR'ing the first game, avoiding all sportscasts until I can watch it on Saturday morning.  It should be a good game, as our Canadian women (Rachel Homan) play the Chinese team who won the event last year.  

All of this to say, it's back to reality tomorrow.  Back to work and regular television programming, with a project to keep me busy at home.  All good!



2 comments:

  1. The little blanket and hat will be adorable for Eli, and will look nice with the two shades of green, I think!

    RE: curling: I'd just taken a taxi on Sunday with a driver (used to drive for public transit, I recognized him) who IS a curler. He'd recently returned from Las Vegas, having gone to watch championships held there (January?). I thought of you when he was telling me about this. :-)

    I can well imagine the NF crowd going berserk over the win--it had been over 20 years, hadn't it, since they won? Thought that's what I caught on the news.

    I hope your work week goes well. Even short weeks can feel sooooooo long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, arranging your weekends for extra days off. It can't be long until retirement then, eh?

    I like the little turtle outfit the baby has. I suspect that the calmest photograph out of a hundred taken that day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!