Sunday 19 March 2017

Weekend Wrap-up

I loved my four day weekend last weekend, but because of it, this one was only a short two days.  I know that is a normal weekend, but I've been spoiled with three days for some time.  As John once commented, it is nice to be able to arrange my schedule to take advantage of working, at the most, four day weeks.  

But with only two days available, and curling season in full swing, I certainly didn't accomplish as much as I would like.  The house is a disaster, with baby items strewn in nearly every room.  My daughter was using my kitchen table to craft and left everything as it was.  I tidied that up, and put the bin, scrapbook items, paintbrushes and tray away in the baby's room.  We've always said about her that stops, drops and rolls when she enters a room.  While she did do a load of dishes (in the dishwasher) and some laundry for the baby, she left a load of her own in the washer.  To be honest, I won't be entirely unhappy if she moves on soon.

She did spend some time at J's but was back here by Wednesday saying the honeymoon was over.  Then the weekend came and she was back to his house on Saturday morning.  She reported this morning, that J had taken care of Eli overnight so she could sleep....she managed nearly 8 solid hours so was feeling good

Speaking of Eli, he had his first appointment with the doctor on Friday.  He's gained a pound since leaving the hospital, weighing in now at 8 lbs. 3 oz.  (Although he was 7 lbs. 14 oz at birth, it isn't unusual for babies to lose weight at first).  The doctor told D that he's going to be a short baby.  Not surprising as mom D is only 5'3" and J is only an inch or two taller.  

Eli has been awake for longer periods of time.  His eyes are starting to fade to the blue I expect they'll be (again, mom and dad are both fair and blue-eyed).  He is quite happy to spend some time hanging out on his play mat staring at the lights and listening to the music.

Although I didn't get a photo of it, Saku likes to join him on the mat.  I was worried that he, Saku, would have a difficult time adjusting to the noise and motion of a baby, but that hasn't been an issue.  (Yet, knock wood! I expect when Eli gets big enough to grab, it will be a different story).

I did manage to get my taxes done, as well as my son C's.  D is missing two T4 slips - I'm sure they were sent to her but she has never been particularly good at keeping track of paper.  I did some work done on the little turtle blanket, but not enough yet to take a photo to share.

Our weather has improved, with temperature above freezing.  I've got rid of most of the remaining snow and ice off the driveway today and took down the Christmas ribbons from the garage lights (about time, I know!)  

I did get my laundry done, the cat litter cleaned, and did a bit of cooking for the week ahead.  Nothing fancy, just a meat loaf for sandwiches, and taco meat for salads.  I have some chicken marinating in the refrigerator for supper this evening.  I think I'll grill it on the barbecue...have to check to see if I have propane.

I'm just watching the end of the Canada-Russia women's world curling game.  Last end, and Canada needs to score to win...which they just did.  It's definitely been a good game though the skip of the Russian team hogged her last rock.  If she hadn't there may have been a different outcome.  This evening, the Canadian team will play the United States.  With the 11 hour time difference I've been PVR'ing the games and watching them later.  This evening's game I'll watch live.  Baby Eli will be here to hang out with me for a bit as well, as his parent's attend a viewing at a funeral home.  The deceased is the father of a friend of J's, so they are going to support him.

That sums up the weekend. It's gone by in a flash.  I just hope the work week does the same.

Have a great week everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I think you had a busy weekend and accomplished a fair bit, actually!

    Eli sure is a little cutie. Of course he's the priority now (and the cats, don't forget the cats --lol). Housework or anything else will still be there.

    Take care, have a good week, hope it flies by for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My weekends are always busy with chores that I would do during the week except for the job getting in the way. (Unemployment woulod be a beautiful thing except for the poverty.) So I understand your busy couple of days this weekend.

    When you wrote that there are baby items strewn in every room, I thought that it sounded like my apartment, with baby items instead of cat items. But I suspect you are someone with a neat house and having a mess doesn't sit well with you - or perhaps it's having a mess that should be cleared up by someone other than you?

    In any case, you did more than I generally do on two days off!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!