Thursday 5 October 2017

The many faces of Eli

I'm not quite ready to close the book on my cruise...when the lost post is written it will be truly over. Isn't that the truth of anything one anticipates, it takes forever to get there but when it's over and we look back time speeds up exponentially.

This is especially true of the time since Eli joined our family.  "Bubbles" as I've taken to affectionately call my grandson (since he loves to blow spit bubbles) is growing up so quickly.  He's becoming less of a blob and more of a little person.  He can sit unassisted for some time, though still can't sit up from a prone position, he gets up on his hands and knees and rocks, but hasn't quite figured out how to move forward.  Instead he spins on his belly and backs his way into spots requiring assistance to get turned around.

Here are a few of the recent photos of the Larva (my son's nickname for him)

Taken a day or so before I left on my trip.

Eli was just starting to sit with some assistance.  He continues to refuse to smile at the camera.  

 The hat photo was taken the two days after I returned.  It is one of my favorite of him so far.



That teething ring looks far to big for him but he tries.
 It's not in focus because I was laughing at the face he made.  I'm pretty sure he was telling me he was done eating.

Now that he's mastered the face, he makes it often.  What a character!


And there it is, a smile for G'ma!  

It amazes how much he's grown in just 7 months.  Weighing in at 20 pounds and measuring 25 1/2 inches in length, he's fast on his way to becoming a toddler.  I'm looking forward to this weekend, as he and his mom will be spending some extra time with us.  I foresee lots of snuggles and baby kisses coming my way!  

The trip was definitely fun, and life with this little guy in it is pretty fun too.



2 comments:

  1. That hat photo is my favourite too! He's getting so big, is such a cutie. I'm sure life with him IS pretty fun...at least right now, before he learns to talk and say "no" to everything. LOL. (I'm kidding.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo with Eli in the hat makes me think of a 1940s newspaper reporter. He needs a card in the hat-band with 'Press' printed on it. And the smooshed-up face makes him look a completely different baby. Actually, he looks like any number of middle-aged character actors from the movies. He may have a career in the performing arts.

    But the final picture is the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!