Sunday 8 September 2019

Ho hum - Aug 2-8

I may regret saying this, but this week was pretty much boring.  Perhaps the word routine is more appropriate.  I spent my time cleaning in case of a showing, did a bit of crafting, went to my Wednesday stitching group, and out for dinner with my friend C.  The only change up was she had plans for Friday evening, so we met on Thursday instead.  

In fact, I think Thursday was my busiest day of the week.  I spent the morning doing some more cleaning.  I hadn't thought to clean the indoor/outdoor carpet in the storage area in the basement and it dawned on me it might be part of the reason for some of the cat odor.  I washed floors, cleaned the bathrooms, cleaned and washed the cat litter boxes,  and just puttered around.  It was good that I did, as my agent texted with a request for showing for Friday at 6, and a little later for one at 4:30 on Saturday.  

Friday, my friend K dropped by as I'd asked to borrow her nose.  Thursday evening, we'd been chatting about their most recent cruise (to Greenland!) and the fact my house still hasn't sold, and I asked if she'd be able to drop by and help me identify where the lingering cat odors might be.  We walked through the house and all she smelled was cleaning products!  So...either I've gotten rid of the odors (finally), or some folks are more sensitive to it.  That's fair enough and I would say I've been in homes where certain odors seemed strong to me too.

In fact, when we got home after the showing on Friday evening, we noticed the aroma of a man's cologne.  It wasn't my son's and the aroma was throughout the house.  I suspect they would have not have smelled any cat odor...unless they've become nose blind (as the Febreeze adverts say).  My son was parked where he could see the agent and an older couple; they were in the house for 25 minutes or so.  No feedback as yet.

We had another showing on Saturday afternoon.  Right in the middle of the Rider/Bombers game!  I seriously thought about saying no, but I didn't and just paused my live TV so I could watch the end of the game when I got home.  Though neither went as I would have liked.  The viewers were in and out of the house in less than 20 minutes, and the Riders lost.  

On Sunday morning, Eli came for a visit, while his mom did a bit of shopping on her own.  They had come to the city on Friday, to house and dog sit for a friend of hers (and Eli's godmother).  M, her partner and three boys were gifted tickets to the Rider/Bombers football game in Winnipeg, so she offered D $100 to come stay at their house for the weekend.  

D sent me this photo, and I laughed so hard.  I told her perhaps she needs to get Eli his very own cage.  He certainly seems to be enjoying hanging out in theirs.  Frankie is the German shepherd and Veena, the floppy eared dog (in front of Eli) is a foster.  D says that he likes the dogs and they like him too, and every picture she took of the dogs to send to M, Eli was in the photo too. 

We watched Paw Paw (Paw Patrol), listened to music, danced, read a book, and Eli brought out every toy in the house.  He was gentle with Sasha, who tolerated a lot before he finally snapped at Eli to let him know he'd had enough (he didn't actually bite him).  Eli was good and left him alone after that.  

One of his little toys plays the ABC song, and I was surprised to hear him say g, j, lmnop, r, s, v, x, and z along with the song.  I don't remember my kids learning their alphabet that early.  It won't be long before he knows it all.  He also pointed out the pumpkins I've put out.  Best of all he told me when he needed to potty!  Yep, he's almost fully potty trained.  D says, he's had a couple of accidents in the past week but he's no longer wearing diapers even at night.  He's just 2 1/2 years old!  But oh my, is he growing up quickly.  My brother said, if we only continued to learn at the same pace, we'd have been through high school by the age of eleven.  Too true!

So while most of the week was pretty humdrum, the end of it has been anything but.  I so enjoyed my time with my grandson; he always makes me smile.  And when he's left, it's time to clean...which is what I'll be doing for the rest of the afternoon.  

Have a great week everyone. 

5 comments:

  1. That photo of Eli is hilarious. I wonder what the dogs were thinking!

    I certainly hope all your cleaning pays off for a sale. I hope you're not discouraged, or too discouraged, at any rate. It will sell eventually, it's just requires patience and more patience to wait for the right person(s) to come along.

    Take care, I hope your week ahead is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is just too funny. I think I should put my house on the market as it might inspire me to clean a bit more. Hope it all pays off soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture is so funny! Kids are cute. If he had to go in a cage, he would not, not, not want to! But his own idea!!!! That was grrrreat!!!! -giggles-

    🍁🍂🍎🍂🍁

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband was very upset with that game. He even made me wear my Rider gear while watching (we were in Manitoba at the time and got some very strange looks).

    The Riders might have lost, but Bianca A. won the tennis match which is a good thing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job finding the cat odor!! Maybe you just needed to wear strong cologne before a showing!! haha
    Love the pix of Eli in the cage and the dogs outside of it. :) Too cute.
    Sounds like a nice little visit with him and D is doing a great job getting him trained at that age. Seems most children I see these days aren't until 3+. Our goal was at 2 to get them using the potty.
    continued good luck on the house sale.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!