Thursday 12 September 2019

The saga continues

No good news yet.  An offer came in, a ridiculously low ball offer, nearly 15% below asking. I countered, with what I feel is a very reasonable number.  My agent just called, and the buyer is saying no to that counter offer.  

However, all is not lost as his agent agrees that the property value is close to what my counter was, and will be discussing it further with his client.  It is expected that another offer will come (you can't counter a counter offer, who knew?), that will be a bit closer to my number.  It will be up to me to decide whether I take that, counter it, or walk away from it.  

I haven't decided what my response will be, though I anticipate it will be option b or c.  If I counter, I won't reduce my price much more but just enough to make him think he's won the battle if not the war.  I may take the third alternative and allow the offer to lapse.  There's a bit of psychological warfare in that option as if this buyer is really, truly interested he may put forward another offer.  If he doesn't I'm back to showing and hoping for another interested buyer - which to be honest isn't that attractive to me.

So I'm going to run the numbers one more time and decide what is worth more to me; several thousand dollars more or the chance to move on in my retirement to something different.  There are pros and cons to both.  Wish me luck!


12 comments:

  1. Wishing you the best possible outcome for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that they make another offer much more to your liking.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a difficult decision for you, and for the potential buyer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not an easy "game" to play. Good luck in whatever you choose. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck whatever you decide. Let us know what happens!

    ReplyDelete
  6. From the outside, and not knowing your details, it seems that the choice, would be to do some form of taking it. Not turning away, I mean. YOu are not having fun, with this showing. The weather will not stay as nice as it is, forever. I'd think that now is a better time to sell, than winter. But what do I know...? ,-)

    Only you, know your details.

    But wondering, where you plan on moving to, after sale????

    🍁🍂✨🍁🍂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, the next step would be buying a condo jointly with your son? Then maybe moving parttime to Vancouver Island later? It is such a tough decision. Hard to say if the market would get any better later. The good news is you have an offer, even if it isn't one you want to accept. That means your property is definitely sellable and attractive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you the very best of luck. Would hate to be in your position as I can't even dicker at a flea market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy, this is just not going to be easy for you, is it? Fifteen per cent below the price is ridiculous. Why did the clients - and their realtor, especially - think you would go for that? Well, take your time about deciding your next move. Maybe the two realtors will be able to make the prospective buyers see that they are not being realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish you luck in whatever you decide. when I made my move the offer was closer to what was stated but the market wa different. and since I was determined to move sooner rather than later I took it...and the two week closing time, lord help me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a hard thing to go through. Seems your realtor would have told there person no way! If it is possible, can you tell the realtor you won't entertain such offers and that they can tell the bidders that?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!