Thursday 22 September 2022

Short and sweet

This will be a short post as it was a very quiet first half of the week, and I'm off to visit my daughter and grandson for the weekend. It's also been very cool with temperatures near freezing most nights. I turned the furnace on for one cycle on this morning - it was a mere 18C/64F inside this morning. It strikes me that I'd be quite comfortable with that temperature outdoors but inside it feels very cool. 

Grocery shopping was accomplished on Monday and I met with the stitch and chat group on Wednesday. We were up to six of us, including P who joined last week. There were a variety of items being worked on, including counted cross stitch, knitting, crocheting and embroidery. This last project looked like a lot of fun. B brought it with her and she and S worked on it together. They were stitching French knots for eyes, and running stitch for mouths on felt teeth. A tooth is then blanket stitched onto a small pillow case with an opening at the top for the insertion of a lost tooth for the tooth fairy to retrieve. These are being made for a craft sale in the snowbird community in Arizona where they both have homes. At least two of the group will be heading south in a few weeks. 

I've been working on another scarf but took a short break from that to make my little goblin. (My son says it looks like a snowman dressed up for Halloween). I need to find a piece of black felt to make a little jack-o-lantern face for the little basket. It was a fun little project, but I always forget how much time it takes to put together all the small pieces. The crocheting itself is quick and generally easy.  I don't think I have enough white wool to make the little girl goblin (she has a pony tail with the bow). It definitely helped use up a bit of scrap yarn.

This morning I'm on a mission to find my mom's mitten pattern. I seem to have misplaced the physical book so I'll try to find the/a digital pattern. She had made notes in the margins that I found helpful so I'm annoyed with myself for losing it. I've been through the ottomans where I keep supplies and pattern books several times already so it's time to look for it on-line.

There is curling on the television too - an event being held in Fredericton, New Brunswick. There were sixteen women's and sixteen men's teams entered and it's a single knock-out event. In other words, if you lose a game, you're out of the tournament. As a result it's a short event and will be complete by Sunday afternoon. With three draws today I'll be doing house work and packing for my short trip in between games. I have a stack of paperwork for D, some items that were left behind when they were here last, a project or two to work on while I'm there, and of course, my clothes and personal items that need to be made ready. I'll also take my laptop so I'll be able to watch the curling. 

Have a great weekend everyone! I'll likely post again when I return from my visit. 


14 comments:

  1. Enjoy watching curling, but mostly enjoy the visit with your daughter and Eli! I am filled with envy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. I wish your granddaughter lived closer to you.

      Delete
  2. Cute Ghost! Maybe write BOO in embroidery floss:) Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Connie. That's a great idea. I might make a sign....

      Delete
  3. Have a great time visiting!!!! Love the ghost!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. I'm sitting with him now watching cartoons. 😄

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful weekend! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That goblin is really cute. Have a wonderful weekend with curling and family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! Yes, I'm with your son on the snowman; I couldn't decide whether it was that or a ghost (I noted the lack of feet). How about a ghost of a snowman, if there are such things...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I showed it to Eli and he said snowman too. Lol.

      Delete
  7. Enjoy the curling - probably for the next six months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More like 8 months...but who is counting? Lol.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by!