Sunday 6 November 2022

Wild weather

I went out to feed the birds this morning and found the snow had blown and drifted on the deck. I tromped through the snow to the shed, and the snow was over the top of my boots in places.


I hadn't even made it back in the door of the sunroom by the time the birds were at the feeder. I may go out later to give them a second feed.
I took this video through the front window (it's short). Not sure how much snow we got though the local weather website suggests about 3 inches so far. It's blowing so much that the accumulation from last night is drifting in, and it is still snowing. Tonight's forecast is for -17C (1F) so I'm hopeful the snow will stop falling then.

Did you know I can forecast the future? At least I can certainly forecast mine - there's a snow shovel in it!

9 comments:

  1. It looks like you received the same amount of snow we did yesterday. I sigh for both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! That’s quite a bit of snow! It’s beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is hard to imagine we have 20 degrees here today and tomorrow and you have winter! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 1 F and I’m freezing at 45 degrees! We’re having a cold snap and there has been snow in the mountains. It’s beautiful though - I hope we get a little snow this season. We do once in awhile for a day. Most of the time it doesn’t stick.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a snow lover, probably because we don't get much here, so that just looks beautiful to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh it is pretty - but YUCK! It is 68*F here today - I will take that for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brrr! It makes me shiver. Stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kept getting up at Kris's and looking out the window on Saturday night. I could not believe how much snow you got. Here we hardly had any. Lots of rain, but very little snow as a friend informed me. Now we are getting a bit more of the white stuff and a very strong wind.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope it melts! It could be a long winter!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!