Thursday 11 January 2024

Update - all is well

I did it to myself...I used the b word last week and I know better. Every time I use that word, something crazy happens. This time, it didn't happen to me but to Eli. D called me Sunday afternoon after he had a seizure and passed out on the couch before she rushed him to the hospital (about a five minute drive from her home). I called the emergency department to let them know they were on their way in. Eli didn't regain full consciousness until about 5 p.m. The photo I shared on Wednesday was taken shortly after he'd woken. However, he did fight with them when they took blood shortly after his arrival and responded to his mom when she told him she loved him. In my mind these were good signs as those are things I'd expect him to do.

Meanwhile I was at home here in the city, worrying about what was happening. D called again when they got home about 6 p.m. and let me know the doctor said he'd had a febrile seizure due to his temperature increasing. He was prescribed antibiotics as his white blood cell count was high. D kept him home from school until Wednesday even though he wanted to go back on Tuesday. :) Oh, and according to Eli, Sunday was the "best day ever" because he got to have a McDonald's milkshake AND a gift from his mommy's gift closet for being a good boy at the hospital. That's due to not being able to remember what happened there at all. 

Here he is on Monday morning, after a good night's sleep. The watch cat Stanley is sitting behind him. 

All's well that ends well, and I'll never use that word again.



10 comments:

  1. Whew, I'm glad he's okay! What a scare! It's probably a good thing that he doesn't remember anything that happened. ❤️

    That "b" word is a red flag to the trickster gods/fates! 🙃

    ReplyDelete
  2. Febrile convulsions are scary. I am glad he is doing just fine now. Hopefully the meds work on his white cell count and that will help with his temperature.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, what a worry. I’m glad he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing is worse than an emergency for a child__particularly when it is your grandchild. I am glad he feels better but know the worry will continue a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news! Glad it all turned out so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the little guy is ok. Poor kiddo. Nice he didn't remember the bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Severe seizures are alarming. I had juvenile epilepsy and now have senior epilepsy. Both were well controlled. However most years I had someone in my classes with severe epilepsy. It is scary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Geez, that would scare the crap out of me. I am glad that Eli is doing well. Could that happen often to him?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would be freaking out! Glad Eli is better, hope he remains that way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad he is okay, hope it doesn't happen again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!