1. Count my blessings – daily
2. Send a letter or card to someone
3. Drive out to visit D and Eli
4. Invite guests over for a visit or dinner - I borrowed my friend K's nose. I guess I can count that as a visit as we sat and chatted for awhile
5. Attend stitch, make, and chat at the library
6. Make a gift - still a work in progress. Just have the back stitching to complete.
7. Sew or craft something/finish an ongoing project - I sewed the cape for Eli for Halloween. No photos of the little guy in it....sometimes he's just not cooperative-
8. Go to the $$ or thrift store - I know I bought sandwich bags at the $$ store, but I can't recall if I went to thrift store last month.
9. Try a new recipe - tried a recipe for brownies that used chocolate chips instead of cocoa. Not impressed although it tasted okay.
10. Read a book - in addition to a couple of true crime books that I picked up at the book sale in August, I finished "The First Time" by Joy Fielding. The story of a woman diagnosed with ALS, and the affects on her life and those who love her.
11. Watch a movie - I PVR'ed "Girl in the Bunker", "Cast Away" "Keanu", "Suffragette", "The Notebook", and the "Secret Life of Walter Mitty". Maybe this month I'll get around to watching movies.
12. Take a walk in the park - I'm counting my hike up to the ridge and Hidden Valley with my brother for this one.
13. Repurpose/recycle something
14. Bake something and share it
15. Invest in myself – join a yoga class or Aquasize, or use my weights - this is something I have to challenge myself on.
16. Mow the lawn once, sweep the deck weekly
17. Have coffee on the back deck or front patio
18. List something to sell on Varage sale
20. Listen to my Spanish CDs in the car
It was a bit of a mixed bag this month. I got some things done, but others just fell by the wayside. It is what it is and I'm certainly not going to worry about it. The list is good for those days when I can't think of what to do with myself, which are very rare.
Since I have no photos of my progress this month, I'll share a photo my brother sent me. He and his buddy Pete went hunting last weekend up near our home town. Beautiful, isn't it?