Sunday 19 April 2020

A walk to remember

When I went for a walk on Friday, I made a point to walk around a nearby urban pond.  It's called Riverbend but there is no river, it's a low spot between two condo developments.  Regardless the birds enjoy it and I love watching them. 






I'm not sure if the goose below was one-legged or if the foot was cold!


On the way back to the house I spotted a robin in a tree.  Seeing them makes me hopeful spring will be here soon.


I spotted this display in a neighbour's window to show support to all of our essential workers.  I didn't realize there was a little guy looking out the window at me. 

At the mailbox someone has placed this gentle reminder.


Take care and stay well!

11 comments:

  1. Nice walk. Pretty birdies. Love the window and the rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fabulous walk! You got great pics, my favourite is the one with the geese lined up side by side. 🙂

    Take care, stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pics and the walk and the birds! Wish I could have bene walking along. The coldest I walk is 0 F. You are far braver than me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I find watching birds so relaxing, spent about 15 minutes at the duck pond gawking at them just the other day. And listening to them. It does look like things are melting there and a robin is definitely a sign of spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Watching the geese fly overhead, make me realize that life carries on regardless of Covid-19 and that life will begin once again for all of us. We will have learned new and exciting things to bring with us.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have robins year round here, so I have to wait until they start flirting with each other to declare it is robin spring. That has been going on a while now.
    I love watching water fowl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all those geese! Very cool, however, I'm glad we don't have that many or there wouldn't be any babies here. Our 4 are very territorial and shoo 'newcomers' away while Mamas are nesting.
    Looks like a lovely walk. Love the window decorations, I saw a few of those in our drive yesterday and were obviously done by children which is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is quite a flock you have. Lots of good bird watching there. Love that rock message.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love seeing those ducks and geese! It sounds like a very nice walk!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pleasant walk that must have been. Those are excellent pictures of the geese, especially the ones feeding. (And I hate modern suburban names, eg. Riverbend, where there is no river. We have names such as Garry Station - there is no station...)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!