Wednesday 1 January 2020

2020 Vision

2020 is here, and for the first time in a long time I'm not certain what this year will bring.  I realize no one ever knows ahead of time, but I usually have formulated some sort of plan....it didn't work so well for 2019.  I must admit the uncertainty is a bit unsettling as I like to be in control.  Perhaps this is the year that I learn to let go and simply experience every moment.  We'll see.    

The only for certain is a cruise I booked on my January 2019 cruise for June 2020.  I've got airfare booked (and almost paid for), the pre-cruise hotel booked, and started a short list of sights to see in London.  There is still a flight to Amsterdam, a return train back to London, plus post-cruise hotel to be arranged but I won't look to complete those until the end of January or early February.  My travelling companion for this trip, L is in Mexico for a few weeks so I'll wait for her return.

Another probable certainty is a visit to D and Eli's in January.  I've bought myself a weekend pass to the Grand Slam of Curling event - it's being held in a community about 20 minutes from their home.  The uncertainty is due to what the weather might bring. There are four draws on Friday, three on Saturday, and two on Sunday. If it's 40 below zero then I'll choose the games I might attend and spend the rest of the time at D's. If there is a blizzard I'll have to determine whether I go at all.  Currently the Farmer's Almanac is calling for snowy periods and mild weather for the weekend...but we all know that can be off.  
Gracie and Cola on a run in the valley with my brother
That's it - the rest of the year is a blank slate.  I'll continue to craft, to spend time with friends and family, and do a bit of work on the house.  

I don't make (or keep) resolutions but a goal for this year will be to get healthier, both physically and emotionally.  Perhaps that is enough of a plan.  

Wishing all of my readers (and lurkers) a very Happy New Year and all the best in 2020!



9 comments:

  1. You have more plans than most. Just go with the flow and enjoy the journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your plans sound reasonable. Best of luck, with accomplishing them!

    Happy, Healthy, Joyful New Year!
    *~~~~~~*~~~~~~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cruise sounds amazing. Make it a good year.
    I don't usually plan so far ahead. I think I am pretty much planned through tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even have tomorrow planned, other than that I have to go back to work! :-P

      Delete
  4. I am waiting on surgery (have been for awhile now) and until that is over with plans for travel out of country or heck even to the next province will have to wait.

    Your cruise sounds like lots of fun.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, may 2020 bring all that you want. :-)

    My life has been a blank slate for decades now....LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year. Like Kea, my life too seems to be a blank slate..filled in as I go along. I just try to make it a pleasant as possible day each day and look no farther ahead. I'm grateful to see the sun each day and grateful to make it to the bed at night. (former heart surgery patient is what drives that).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I may have attempted new year's resolutions at some point, but don't bother now. Either I am going to do something or not - and it's usually 'not'. It being determined at the start of the new year doesn't matter. Unfortunately. A happy new year to you and your family. This will be the year the house sells and you settle into a restful and well-earned retirement - with cruises!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!