Tuesday 3 November 2020

A Brief Reprieve

The cool weather moved out and we're enjoying a few days of absolutely gorgeous weather.  D, Eli and I walked on Sunday and Monday, and I headed out this morning.  I had my camera with me today, and have some photos to share.

I think this rabbit thought he was hidden in the shade.  Sorry, buddy you won't be hidden until the snow flies.  Just the other day, the rabbits I saw were still mostly brown, but they're obviously changing fast.

I was surprised to find geese at the creek.  Two were standing guard while the others fed.


There were ducks too, enjoying a feed.


Over at the pond, the geese were flying in and landing.  These four chose to land on the ice.  I laughed as they skidded about 3 to 4 feet!


We had a high temperature yesterday of 20C (72F).  Even with the warm temperatures the ice on the pond didn't entirely melt.  The water level is dropping significantly - with the sand bar in the background.  I'm guessing this is being done by the city though I don't recall it this way last year.


These geese took the more traditional option of landing in the open water.


The thistles have dry remnants of themselves.  I thought about clipping a few and bringing them home but I'm sure they'd just fall apart.

Finally, from Sunday evening a couple of photos of the eastern sky over the neighbour's homes.


The sky was so pretty, and I lucked out as the show lasted just mere minutes.  D went out with her phone when I came back in and missed it entirely.

The nice weather will be with us through Thursday, then we'll see the temperatures drop back to just above the freezing mark on Friday and even colder over the weekend.  Along with the cold, we may get as much as 25-30 cm (10-12 inches) of snow!  I'm definitely going to enjoy this lovely weather while it lasts.

Take care everyone!


7 comments:

  1. I love the bunny!!!!! How sweet.
    It is warming here as well - and the remainder of the week into next will be in the 70's (F) and sunny. Maybe I will get the yard work finished.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy crap - 30 cm! Already? It is fun to watch ducks and geese land on frozen ice, we used to have a pond under our house as our view at our last house and I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hasn't the weather been lovely? I am not looking forward to the snow that is supposed to be coming. We still don't have our snow tires on.

    Our bunnies here are quickly changing colour as well and the deer are coming into the city once again.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the photos, and that bunny is so cute. 🐇

    It's been unseasonably cold here, but our temps are on the rise today and into next week. We had wet flurries last week, which didn't stick. I'm so not ready for snow, though it's on the way whether I want it or not. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely walk, nice to see you enjoying the wildlife critters still. Peter Cottontail is so sweet. I haven't seen any here in Paisley, just squirrels.
    I don't like thinking about the weather beyond this warm spell. We're above 50's until next Wednesday at least during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the bunny and skating geese. What fun actions to watch and film. We are in the lovely sunny days also. Will enjoy it while it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your nice weather it will not last! We have enjoyed everyday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!