Sunday 1 January 2017

Goodbye 2016, welcome 2017!


Welcome to my new blog!  

The start of a new year would seem to be the perfect time to start fresh, not to forget the past, but to create a new space in my world.  This blog, like my last will focus on the things in my life and the world that interest, inspire, or make me laugh.

This upcoming year will bring new life with the upcoming anticipated birth of my grandson in February.  Accordingly I expect I'll be staying close to home more this year, but am still considering a trip in the early summer to go whale-watching with my cousin.  

Although it is very wintery out there right now, I'm looking forward to time spent in the yard, or hanging out with the cats in the sun room this summer.  In the meantime, my yarn stash grows bigger and, with our local fabric store closing, so does my stash of material.  I'd better get busy with the knitting needles, crochet hooks, and dust off the sewing machine.

And of course, I continue to make plans for the transition from the work world to retirement.  With 22 months to go, it seems like a bit of time, but much more de-cluttering and organizing needs to be done at home.  I've scheduled a week of vacation in May just for that purpose.

I'm making no resolutions for I'm sure they'll simply be broken.  Instead I plan to look for opportunities to expand my little world.  More on that later.

How about you?  What are you looking forward to in 2017?

Wishing you all health, happiness, and prosperity!  






2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I like the new blog, and the background is perfect for you, as you so enjoy travelling and are regularly off into the wild blue yonder, as the expression goes.

    "...opportunities to expand my little world": I like that. "Possibility" was my word for last year and I'm keeping it this year too. I want to expand my own little world in various ways. I also have "You are not too old and it's not too late" tacked up at work, to remind myself that there is MUCH room for expansion in my life (and not just my waist line), even at 50+. :-)

    All the best for 2017; may it bring everything you need and much of what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you set up the new blog so quickly. It looks good.

    Your grandson will be arriving just next month? Good Heavens, where did that time go? And retirement in less than two years? Wow. That will arrive before you know it.

    I won't put this new blog's address on my blog's side-bar, as I know you want to keep it semi-private. But I'll be looking in each day to see what you've written. I hope all the regular readers of your old blog have been contacted - and I hope to read new things on the cats' blog now and then, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!