Sunday 29 January 2017

Weekend Wrap-up

This has been the most "normal" week I've had in quite some time. In fact, I'm having a hard time coming up with anything to write.  That's unusual.

Work is still work, and I keep counting down the days to retirement.  This week, another of my co-workers will be leaving.  She's got some vacation to use up before she retires this spring.  There are days when I quite enjoy my work but there are others when I soooo envious of those who are in a position to leave now.  

At home, my daughter has been spending a lot of time with the boyfriend and so there has been fewer arguments.  Her last of work at her full-time job was Friday, and though she plans to continue to work her part-time job for a couple more weeks, I expect she'll be at the house preparing for the arrival of the baby.  We'll see how it goes.

There was a little excitement at home this weekend.  On Friday I had the water heater rental company in to do the annual maintenance.  This is a requirement of the rental agreement I have with them so when I pay the bill I always arrange the appointment at the same time.  The young man showed up on Friday, was very pleasant, and had the job done (I thought) in a about a 1/2 hour.  Before he left, he spoke to me about their customer care plan - which is basically a monthly fee to reduce the costs of future calls. I explained to him that I had already heard about it, had signed up for it previously, and cancelled it because of a situation with another serviceman.

I told him point-blank, I wouldn't have the company in my home if it weren't for the water heater rental.  He apologized and went on his merry way.  The following morning, I headed down to the basement to clean the cat litter.  What I found, was a water-laden towel in a pool of water.  When I saw that, I assumed my son had found it the night before and put the towel down.  I called the company, spoke with the answering service, and got a call-back from the on-call tech in less than 10 minutes.  I explained that a tech had been out the day prior to service the water heater, but now there was water on the floor and the pan under the heater was full.

He arrived within an hour and checked out the water heater.  He fiddled with some valves on the side, and had me run the hot water tap in the bathroom to allow the heater to cycle.  After explaining that the heater seemed to be fine, he noted that the tech would have bled the water and this was what had collected in the pan and on the floor.  He left after assuring me that he would discuss this with his manager at work on Monday.

Soon after, my son got up and I asked him about the towel.  He told me hadn't put the towel down.  So that means the young man, who was here on Friday, had gone into the laundry room to find a towel to place on the floor.  This suggests he knew that there would be more water than the pan could hold and said nothing to me.  You can bet I'll be calling the office tomorrow as well.

I checked last night and the pan is now empty of water.  

Beyond I did the usual housework, some cooking for the week ahead, and some crocheting.  I tend to crochet or knit more when I'm watching sports.  This weekend the junior men and women's curling semi and finals are televised.  You know what I'll be doing when I finish this post. ;)

I'll leave you with a photo my brother shared with me the other day.  He's a runner and lives out in the Qu'Appelle valley.  You can see his shadow in the lower right corner.  I love the scenery, but he can keep the running!

Well, this turned out to be a lengthy post for someone who had nothing to say. Now that's not unusual.  

Have a great week everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Ditto, your brother can keeping the running, even with the lovely pic. I'll run in a crisis, but that's about it!

    Well hurrah for "normal" weeks! Except for the poor (IMO) service from the water heater tech. My hot water tank is a rental from our utility company--it's more expensive to rent, of course, but on the flip side, I've had several holiday emerg service calls over the past several years which I've not had to pay for.

    I hope your week ahead also is "normal," whatever that is. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can see why you wouldn't have dealings with the water-heater company but for the agreement. Can you get out of that? It sounds as though they are all incompetent. There must be a better company in Regina.

    The photograph makes it look like there are still plenty of weeks of winter left there. Brrr.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH there is little more off- putting than service personnel who don't know what they are doing or who don't care...and here you have paid for the whole thing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!