Saturday 21 January 2017

Lazy weekend

Phew, it's good to have this week behind me.  Things have mostly returned to normal at work.  My daughter hasn't had a melt-down in a few days, the weather is reasonably decent for January in Saskatchewan, and I'm thankful for a couple of days just to rest and relax.

I had the day off yesterday and spent most of it running errands and doing laundry.  I had my nails done along with a good visit with L, the esthetician.  I've been going to her now for 5 or 6 years and she's become a friend.  We've shared the highs and lows of life, some tears and lots of laughter.  She's the first person I shared the news of D's pregnancy with.  She told me then, that in time I would look forward to welcoming my grandchild.  She's right....I'm there.

The rest of the day, I did some grocery shopping at Safeway and Walmart, unloaded the bags and put away the shopping at home, and finished folding my laundry.  I picked up a few items for a gift for the baby shower for my daughter.  A co-worker offered to host the shower at her home tomorrow.  We're expecting ten or twelve women (including her and I) to attend. It should be fun...though I've never met any of these people before.

Being Friday, I joined friends at a local restaurant.  We all laughed when the waitress referred to us as the Friday night dinner club.  I guess they've finally come to recognize us....it's only taken about 18 months.  The food is decent, the service just okay, but the prices are good and because it often isn't busy we don't have to rush.  Dinner is at 6 p.m., we order shortly after and we often don't leave the restaurant until around 8 p.m.  The group varies in size, from three to a dozen so it's nice to have a place that can be flexible.  Three of the group have been going out to Friday dinner for over twenty years!  

Today was simply a lazy day.  The cats woke me about 6 a.m. looking for breakfast.  I managed to ward them off until nearly 7.  After they were fed, I made a pot of coffee, and headed back to my bed to read.  Just as I was finishing my second cup, my daughter came in and we sat and chatted for some time before she left to go to her part-time job.  I finished the pot of coffee before I finally got of bed at 10!, made breakfast and a pot of soup, and finished washing up the dishes.   

That's all folks!  Seriously, I did nothing else all day.  It's almost 6 p.m. - I've played on the computer, caught up on blog reading, watched several episodes of CSI, Criminal Minds, Dateline, and the news channel.  Speaking of which, did you tune into the inauguration yesterday?  I caught pieces of it, the lead up to the big event, and later in the day as the Trump family climbed out of their limos to walk the rest of the way to the White House.  

Today I've been watching the news channel off and on, catching some of the Women's March on Washington.  I wonder what the Donald (or should I now refer to him as the President Donald?) thinks of the numbers who turned out to protest his misogynist views? They certainly out-numbered those who attended the day before.  I'm sure he'll feel the need to share his thoughts on Twitter....


And on that note, I'll wrap up this post.  I hope you have a wonderful weekend, however you chose to spend it.

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, easy Saturday you had, well deserved, I'd say. I'm glad things are mostly back to normal at work and that your daughter's mood has been stable for a few days. Hope I don't jinx things. LOL.

    As for the man-who-shall-not-be-named (ha), nope, didn't watch anything, won't watch anything, turn the channel when mention of him comes on. Which is almost every frickin' minute of every day. Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the kind of weekend I like. I tend to spend my weekends doing what doesn't get done during the week - but at least I'm not at my job.

    I had no interest in the U.S. president's inauguration; I didn't watch any of the previous ones, either. As for people and protests, I don't think anyone has learned yet that Trump doesn't care what people think of him. If anything, I suspect that the larger the protest the better he thinks it is: no publicity is bad publicity to that guy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!